ARLIS/NA Annual Conference
The following topics have come up on ARLIS-L over the past year or have been suggested for CPDG discussion during the annual conference in Saint Louis. CPDG will meet on Sunday morning, 24 March 2002, from 8 to 10 a.m.
Cataloging Problems Discussion Group
Potential topics for discussion, 2002
- revised subject headings for the visual arts - LC has done significant maintenance on their bib records; Millie Wewerka said at ALA Midwinter that she was doing most of it, record by record - presentation at http://artcataloging.net/artcat/acigrev.html and Amy Trendlerís article in Art documentation, v. 20, no. 1, p. 24-29
- CAC proposal for buildings in NAF has gone to LC CPSO for comment
- title transcription when artistís name is on t.p. -- title or statement of responsibility? example: Pablo Picasso : drawings vs. Drawings / Pablo Picasso
- unnamed works of art or sites - should CAC work on either of these? will unnamed works of art fit in an AACR2/MARC world?
- RLG Authority Assistant - OCLC equivalent - do people build authority records simultaneously with bib records? worksheets?
- 670 $u was approved by MARBI during Midwinter discussions
- SCIPIO authority records for auction houses - going with separate records for each venue, per LCís note on Phillips records
- other CAC agenda items: proposed core records for exhibition catalogs; guidelines for exhibition catalogs; qualifier list for anonymous artist names, e.g. School of, Follower of - CAC will meet in conjunction with the VRA Data Standards Committee on Sunday from noon to 2 p.m.
... go to top of Sherman's art cataloging page ...